Date Posted: 03/25/2019
Job Code: LMI0001
City: Haematology Laboratory, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universiti Putra Malaysia
Date posted: 25th March 2019
Location: Haematology Laboratory, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang, UPM.
We are currently looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic MSc or PhD candidates to work on a project related to renal development biology of mouse with alpha-thalassaemia. The candidate is expected to have:
- For MSc candidate: Bachelor of Science in Molecular Biology or Biomedical Science or related fields with CGPA > 3.250/4.000
- For PhD candidate: First class Bachelor of Science in Molecular Biology or related fields or MSc degree in the field of Molecular Biology or related fields with CGPA > 3.000/4.000 and have demonstrated a good track record in scientific communications and publications.
Selected candidate is expected to work on but not limited to the following scope of research activities:
- Performing gene expression profiling on selected genes.
- Assessing renal ultrastructures using electron microscopy.
- Analysing metabolite concentrations using mass spectrometry.
Contact: Interested candidates please contact Assoc Prof Dr Lai Mei I immediately before 5 May 2019 via email – [email protected], with a cover letter and a full and updated CV including references.
Start date: Immediately
MSc/PhD candidature: Starting Semester 2, Session 2018/2019
MSc/PhD scholarship: Candidate is expected to secure a MSc or PhD scholarship upon enrolment into the programme.
While international students are being accepted, we do require you to have a good knowledge of the English Language with proof of AT LEAST ONE of the following:
- TOEFL minimum score 550.
- IELTS minimum score 6.5
All enquiries and application shall be address to Assoc Prof Dr Lai Mei I. Informal pre-application enquiries are welcome. Formal applications should include a CV, a summary of the Bachelor/Master/PhD thesis, copies of degree certificates and TWO referees who can provide letters of support.
While International Students are being accepted, we do require you to have a good knowledge of English with proof of AT LEAST ONE of the following:
- TOEFL minimum score 550
- Computer Test - minimum score 213;
- Internet Test - minimum score 79-80
- IELTS minimum score 6.5 valid cerification
Enquiries and application shall be addressed to Mei I Lai. Informal pre-application enquiries are welcome. Formal applications should include a CV, a summary of the Bachelor/Master/PhD thesis, copies of degree certificates and names of two scientists who could provide letters of support.